Profile of grappleian (54)
I've been into wrestling on and off, really got into it in September 2009. Went along to a wrestling group in South East London (and never looked back!) Enjoy the coaching sessions, practicing and some good grapples. Met some great guys also.
Looking for buddies / friends for wrestling, socialising and chatting.....
- United Kingdom, Bulphan
Place of residence; Always
I am willing to travel 30 miles
StatsAge: 50-year-old Male
Stats: 5'8" (173 cm), 200 lbs (91 kg)
Languages spoken: English
Gear: Speedo, trunks, jock, thong, naked
Last login: 28 days ago
Last modified: 5/11/2012 11:00 PM
Start of membership: 4/08/2010 12:06 AM
Past Opponentsandy Basildon_Bloke beefy blackwrestleruk boston_kid chesterbloke ChineseGrappler Churd corkey dadwrestle devonwrestler gamekeeper gazst gedlutte1 grappler2112 GrapplingHB Ironbull JackintheRing Jow LdnGrapple Leanmachineuk Lincoln Lad Lomandlad42 London_Wrestler mackemsub matworker MEGRAPPLE Merseywrestle mikeswuk MikeUK MONSTA Perseus Physical RedCloudStreet romanhero SE_Wrestler ShaneHannagan silverbulletuk1 small_gladiator southerngrappler Sportsfanatic spud999 Steve_Shock SurreyGuy Tanker Toppler Tyger ukrassler watlad103 wrestlebear Wrestlefun wrestling4fun YORKIE Zubby21
- 3/02/2013 12:00 PM: March Grapevine Group Wrestling Day - Catz Club Nottingham UK (Organizer: matworker; Event completed )
- 2/09/2013 11:00 AM: OWG meet XVIIII (Organizer: bear2967; Event completed )
- 2/02/2013 1:00 PM: February Grapevine Group Wrestling Day - The Barnet Workshop Studio - London UK (Organizer: matworker; Event completed )
- 1/05/2013 12:00 PM: January Grapevine Group Wrestling Day - The Wrestling Factory (Pippa's) Manchester (Organizer: matworker; Event completed )
- 12/08/2012 11:00 AM: OWG Meet XVIII (Organizer: bear2967; Event completed )
- 11/24/2012 2:00 PM: SPFWC - Winter Meet (Organizer: Churd; Event completed )
- 11/03/2012 1:00 PM: 3rd November 2012 - Grapevine Group Wrestling Day - The Barnet Workshop Studio - London UK (Organizer: matworker; Event completed )
- 10/13/2012 11:00 AM: OWG Meet XVII (Organizer: bear2967; Event completed )
- 10/07/2012 2:00 PM: SPFWC - Open House (Organizer: Churd; Event completed )
- 10/06/2012 1:00 PM: 6th October 2012 - Grapevine Group Wrestling Day - The Wrestling Factory (Pippas) Manchester UK (Organizer: matworker; Event completed )
- 9/30/2012 3:00 PM: UK Wresters Meetup - Barnet Mat Room 30th Sept (Organizer: UKAndy99; Event completed )
- 9/08/2012 1:00 PM: Johns Missing Month Manchester Meets (Organizer: wrestler1; Event completed )
- 8/11/2012 11:00 AM: OWG Meet XVI (Organizer: bear2967; Event completed )
- 8/04/2012 1:00 PM: 4th August 2012 - London UK - The Barnet Workshop Studio 4B, Barnet Business Centre Alston Works Alston Road Barnet Herts EN5 4EL (Organizer: matworker; Event completed )
- 7/07/2012 1:00 PM: 7th July 2012 - Grapevine Group Wrestling Day - The Wrestling Factory (Pippas) Manchester UK (Organizer: matworker; Event completed )
- 6/09/2012 11:00 AM: OWG Meet XV (Organizer: bear2967; Event completed )
- 4/14/2012 1:00 PM: OWG Meet XIV (Organizer: bear2967; Event completed )
- 4/07/2012 3:00 PM: 7th April 2012 - Grapevine Group Wrestling Day - The Wrestling Factory (Pippas) Manchester (Organizer: matworker; Event completed )
- 3/03/2012 2:00 PM: 3rd March 2012 - Grapevine Group Wrestling Day - Alveston near Stratford on Avon UK (Organizer: matworker; Event completed )
- 2/11/2012 12:00 PM: OWG Meet XIII (Organizer: bear2967; Event completed )
- 2/04/2012 2:00 PM: 4th February 2012 - Grapevine Group Wrestling Day - The Barnet Workshop Studio 4B, Barnet Business Centre Alston Works Alston Road Barnet Herts EN5 4EL (Organizer: matworker; Event completed )
- 1/07/2012 2:00 PM: 7th January 2012 Grapevine Group Wrestling Day - The Wrestling Factory (Pippas) Manchester (Organizer: matworker; Event completed )
- 12/10/2011 12:00 PM: Open Wrestle Group Meet XII (Organizer: bear2967; Event completed )
- 12/03/2011 2:00 PM: 3rd December 2011 Grapevine Group Wrestling Day - Alveston near Stratford on Avon UK event (Organizer: matworker; Event completed )
- 10/08/2011 1:00 PM: Open Wresle Group Meet XI (Organizer: bear2967; Event completed )
- 8/13/2011 1:00 PM: Open Wrestle Group Meet X (Organizer: bear2967; Event completed )
- 6/11/2011 1:00 PM: Open Wresle Group Meet VIIII (Organizer: bear2967; Event completed )
- 3/26/2011 2:00 PM: SPFWC Open House +1 (Organizer: Churd; Event completed )
- 12/11/2010 12:00 PM: Open Wrestle Group Meet VI event (Organizer: bear2967; Event completed )
- 10/30/2010 2:00 PM: SPFWC - Open House event (Organizer: Churd; Event completed )
- 10/09/2010 11:00 AM: Open Wrestle Group Meet V event (Organizer: bear2967; Event completed )
- 9/18/2010 12:01 PM: Wrestling Event - Saturday 18th September 2010 event (Organizer: wrestlerguy; Event completed )
- 8/07/2010 11:00 AM: OPEN WRESTLE GROUP MEET IV (Organizer: bear2967; Event completed )
- 6/12/2010 11:00 AM: Open wrestle group meet III (Organizer: bear2967; Event completed )
- 5/29/2010 11:33 PM: Manchester Mayhem (Organizer: merseywrestle; Event completed )
- 4/10/2010 1:00 PM: Open Wrestle Group Meet 2 (Organizer: bear2967; Event completed )
Basildon Bloke is recommended by grappleian
I’m a bit late in writing this recommendation – met Basildon Bloke last summer for a submission grapple.
By guessing, Basildon Bloke has experience and techniques so it wouldn’t be an easy wrestle for me to take him down. Though I was a losing streak and tried my utmost to resist and defend. A good give and take wrestle with various holds – pleasure to grapple with.
A very nice guy also, down to earth and friendly. Happy to recommend this wrestler to anyone. And hope to meet again.
grappleian is recommended by Tyger
Embarrassed to see i haven't written a recommendation for Ian before. Have had several tussles with him over the years; all good fights, all good fun! Hope I get the chance to lock up with him again before long.
grappleian is recommended by MONSTA
A great guy to meet and wrestle. Safe sane and sorted.
grappleian is recommended by Lomandlad42
Had my first wrestle with ian today and was fun, safe sane and worth the wait, one of the nicest fellas I've met and great company off the mats too :-)
Lomandlad42 is recommended by grappleian
Met Jay, for the second time, at Pippa's who is relatively new but has grasped wrestling (with euthusiasm) quickly and gained techniques. Had a good grapple, can hold an opponent with a very powerful scissor grip.
A friendly guy on and off the mats - hope to grapple with again (Also, Jobber in the title needs altering)
grappleian is recommended by YORKIE
Ian is a good friend, a warm and genuine man I'd recommend to anyone. Had our first wrestle at Pippa's in January 2013 and he was a great guy for me to wrestle - bigger than me but still safe, strong and sensible. I had a great time and enjoyed our grapple - looking forward to round 2.
Bring it on!
grappleian is recommended by gamekeeper
Met Ian at Churds..great bloke and very friendly..tough to wrestle with some good strength holds.
Churd is recommended by grappleian
7/10/12 - Attended Open House, managed to wrestle with Churd, thought it was my first time but it wasnt! A skilled submission wrestler who knows his stuff, not a pushover can dish out the moves as well as take it.
It is pleasure to attend the Open House - Churd is the perfect host, always welcoming friendly sociable - the SPFWC events are a credit to the wrestling community!
Attended the SPFWC Open House - an excellent event! I'd recommend it to others. Have to agree with previous recommendations - Richard is a real nice guy....
Jow is recommended by grappleian
Met JOW at Churd's Open House (7/10/12) a friendly and attractive guy. A good submission wrestler - athletic strong with pace and grip, knew how to put his oppentent in a hold. A nice guy off the mats too. It was a delight to meet JOW. I hope JOW will visit the UK again, I'm sure JOW would be made welcome
grappleian is recommended by Ironbull
What a pleasure to wrestle this charming and genuine man. Look forward to round 2. Highly recommended. P.S. we won't mention legs in the air....
Ironbull is recommended by grappleian
A delayed recommendation, met Ed at Pippa's last month but didnt get to grapple. However met Ed at the Hackney mat room (my first time there). Judging my Ed's build & experience thought I was going to be on a losing streak, but not the case - a good give & take / non-competitive wrestle getting in various holds (with my legs in the air!)& difficult to get Ed on his back. Ed is friendly, civil and a fun guy on and off the mats. It was a pleasure to meet up with Ed - happy to recommend and look forward to round 2....
grappleian is recommended by MEGRAPPLE
As Ian said after chatting on line for months. we finally arranged a wrestle. Had really fun sweaty wrestle. Off the mats Ian is a great host and fun guy to be with. If you want a gentle roll around with added fun.. Ian's the one.
MEGRAPPLE is recommended by grappleian
Unfortunately an overdue recommendation, after chatting for five months or so, I met up with MEGRAPPLE last month.
Although MEGRAPPLE has not been wrestling long, this does not show – you would think he has been wrestling for a while, as he has grasped the sport with ease – gaining (a large amount of) experience / techniques and using it. After the introductory chat, the wrestling session began; both standing, but I was soon taken down to floor leading to half nelson moves, single leg turns and various counter moves. MEGRAPPLE had stamina and strength, placing his opponent in firm holds, and also had the repartee to keep the momentum going – which was in a non-aggressive manner (definitely safe and sane!).
All in all, a good “intense – sweaty - give and take submission grapple”. Also a nice guy (down to earth) on and off the mats. I would, without hesitation, recommend this wrestler anyday! And hope to meet again (and again!)
grappleian is recommended by wrestlebear
We've met already at OWG but missed to wrestle at the first time, and took the opportunity yesterday! Great wrestling in the ring, a strong guy, and hope to meet again for some more intense wrestling.
Wrestlecub is recommended by grappleian
Met Nick at Pippa's, a nice friendly guy, on and off the mats. He is definatley strong and skilled - had a few good paced submission bouts, with plently of long submission holds plus safe and sane. Also kind enough to show me some moves / holds - a good trainer and happy to recommend this grappler!
grappleian is recommended by Lincoln Lad
It's taken me far too long to write this rec, so apologies...
Had a really good grapple at Pippa's - grappleian is strong and determined and knows his stuff! Takes a LOT to make him submit and he is very good at escaping from sub holds. A really nice guy off the mats, too. Highly recommended...
Lincoln Lad is recommended by grappleian
Have been chatting to LincolnLad for a while, got to grapple recently: a strong, steadfast and determined wrestler, got me in some good holds – not easy to get out of, was eager to fight back – can see where the rugby background comes in. A nice friendly guy & good to have a beer or two with after. Would be good to have a rematch.....
grappleian is recommended by southerngrappler
A great meet and a really nice guy. A good sub wrestler who tested me on the mats
grappleian is recommended by Tanker
Just realised Ian wrote me a recomendation months ago & i have't replied. He is a nice friendly guy, mild mannered off the mats, real terrier on them, trained under Iain Scott & really knows his stuff
grappleian is recommended by Physical
A really good guy to get on the mats with for sub grappling. Very determined and doesn't give in, can turn the tables if you drop your guard for a second. Great, friendly guy!
Physical is recommended by grappleian
A bit overdue, unfortunately, what can i say - much of what has already been said. Grappled at Pippa's a very nice friendly (big hairy) guy, thought it would be intimidating but not the case! Defiantly fun to wrestle with, safe and put you through your paces!